Law Offices of Jason Benjamin Call us today at (425) 786-9279
Bellevue & King County Child Custody Attorney Attorney Profile Practice Areas Client Testimonials Contact Us
Child Custody Lawyer
Find out the proper actions to take in your custody matter Click here to connect to our office instantly over the phone Have an emergency? Find out how our firm can help you

Child Support FAQ

Q: How will the court determine which parent pays child support and how much?
A: 1. Generally, the non-custodial parent is required to pay child support to the custodial parent.
2. Child support is mostly a matter of mathematical calculation. Your child’s needs are determined by adding the net incomes of you and your spouse, and applying the total to a standard formula.
3. There are exceptions to using the standard formula. For example, the court may decrease child support when the paying parent is responsible for supporting children from other relationships. Or the court may increase the child support when the paying parent receives additional income. The court may order no child support if both parents are to share custody equally.

In addition to monthly child support, the paying parent may be required to contribute to other child care expenses. These expenses may include uninsured health and dental costs, day care, and education expenses.


The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.

Law Offices of Jason Benjamin
Located at 10655 NE 4th Street, Ste 208, Bellevue, WA 98004.
Phone: (425) 786-9279.
Website: .